Monday 19 December 2016

Dragon's Den Pitch Feedback

Feedback on Dragon's Den Pitch
This is explaining the outcome of my Dragon's Den pitch.

How Did The Pitch Go?
The pitch was relatively successful, however, I did go over the intended time (3 minutes) when creating my video, though this isn't too large a problem. Furthermore, the sound quality of the video is pretty bad so people may struggle to hear what I'm saying because there is a lot of noise in the video. I tried adding noise reduction, however it distorted my voice making the problem worse, so I left the audio as it was. There are also lots of background noises like my dog moving around and investigating the camera, however, this wasn't too much of a problem as they're not overly distracting. I managed to get across pretty much everything I needed to.

What Feedback Were You Given?
After showing my pitch to a select group of people, I received a range of feedback. Everything said was similar to what I have already been told during my audience research videos, however, I appreciated the reassurance about my idea.

Everybody claimed to like the idea, saying that it sounds very moving and emotional and therefore really suits the expectations of a drama film. Furthermore, they said that it's a very original idea that they would be intrigued to continue watching to see the relationship develop between the dog and the character and see how the character manages to cope with his hardships. They liked the fact that it in itself was a mini-story and therefore made it, as an opening, engaging. They also said that they liked that although it was engaging through its plot, it still was ambiguous enough to allow them to want to watch on to find out more.

One suggestion made, however, was to really ensure that it could be identified as a post-apocalyptic film through other visual prompts, as the environment alone isn't post-apocalyptic enough to be able to distinguish this. Furthermore, they suggested really distinguishing the difference between the flashbacks and the present day scenes so they won't get confused. I had already decided I was going to make both of these clear, but the suggestions have made me understand it fully and really prioritise it in order to make the best opening for my audience. One was also a little weary about introducing so many characters, as they believe that minimal elements in a film opening is most effective to avoid confusing the audience. I won't change this as I know that the characters will only feature very briefly.

Has This Made You More/Less Determined to Continue With Your Coursework Idea?
This has made me more determined as it was nice to receive some reassurance from people that they liked and engaged with my idea and would definitely want to watch the finished product. This reassurance has been vital, particularly as I am working alone and don't have other people helping me or telling my that my ideas are bad/good.

No comments:

Post a Comment